Corriechoille Lodge is located 2.5 miles from the village of Spean Bridge, which lies on the main A82, 12 miles North East of Fort William.
Directions from Spean Bridge:
Please note: we are about 50mins walk from Spean Bridge railway and bus stations along a single track road with no public transport. Trains, buses and taxis in the Highlands are very limited and we strongly recommend that you bring your own car, or hire one if you are travelling up by Air or Rail.
From the A82 - Coming from the Inverness direction turn left just past the Spean Bridge Hotel or right before the Hotel if coming from Fort William. The road is sign posted to Corriechoille. Now proceed down the single track road for 2¼ miles. Keep left where the road forks at the 10 mph sign. When you reach the end of the tarmac road turn right up the hill (sign on tree), then carry on round to the left and into the courtyard. Please park in one of the marked bays. Also, please try not to arrive before 4:00pm, as we may be out. Our frount door can be reached by going through the arched wooden gate and following the paved path around the house.
OS map ref: NN25078 80626
Landranger Sheet No. 41 (Ben Nevis, Fort William & Glencoe)
GPS: N 56°53.040' W 004°52.357'ELEVATION 103m
Step by step
- When you turn off the A82 to our (unclassified) road, reset you odometer and follow what's below:
- Follow the road around to the left, 'round the back of the hotel.
- 0. 4 miles - cross a hump backed railway bridge.
- 1. 2 miles - the road forks. Signposted right to Killichonate and left to Corriechoille KEEP LEFT.
- 1. 5 miles - pass a dirt track on the right DO NOT TURN UP HERE.
- 1. 9 miles - cross a metal bridge over a burn (small river).
- 2. 3 miles - reach the end of the tarmac road. There is a high up sign on the tree here to Corriechoille, as well as several other signs. TURN RIGHT HERE. Follow the dirt track up the hill, around to the left and into our courtyard (2. 6 miles). Please park in one of the marked bays and go through the tall wooden gate at the corner of the courtyard which takes you to a path going around our house to the front door.
- The Lodge is the big white house. Please don't disturb our neighbours in either of the other nearby houses.
There is a sleeper train (sometimes known as the Deerstalker Express) that runs directly between
London Euston and Spean Bridge every evening of the week except Saturday. It is a spectacular journey and a lovely way to travel, but we do recommend that you pick up a hire car at our end, as we are 2.5 miles away from the nearest transport links and public transport within the Highlands is somewhat limited.
Several airlines fly between London and Inverness. Car hire is available in Inverness and Fort William. As well as domestic flights (all year), there are summertime flights from various continental locations to Inverness. Glasgow and Edinburgh Airports also receive flights from transatlantic locations.
- Airlines: Air U.K: 0345 - 666777, British Airways: 0345 - 222111, Easy Jet: 0990 - 292929
- Car Hire (Fort William), Easydrive: 01397 - 701616, Motorway Cars: 01397 703001, Volkswagen Rental: 01397 702432, Heathercroft Motor Engineers: 01397 - 703877, Practical Car & Van Hire: 01397 - 772404
- Car Hire (Inverness) Avis: 0990 - 900500, Budget: 01463 - 713333, Eurodollar: 01463 - 238084, Hertz: 01463 - 711479, Sharps Reliable Wrecks: 01463 - 236684
- National Rail Enquiries: 0345 - 484950
- Tourist Information (Inverness): 01463 - 234353
- Tourist Information (Fort William): 01397 - 701801
- Tourist Information (Spean Bridge): 01397 - 712576
- Railtrack - comprehensive U.K. train information - timetables, fares, routes etc.
- West Highland Line - useful information and guide to our scenic local railways.